Saturday, October 13, 2012

Business versus personal life

I have been struck by the recent number of businesses that seem to think that placing their political or moral beliefs on display is a good idea. We recently had Chick-a-Fill and Domino's putting an opinion, agree or disagree, on very visible display. Each saw reactions, on both sides. Did it make money? I do not know; but it got them some very negative opinions expressed. 

I recently saw political signs on the business lawn of a store I frequented. I thought to myself, "Why give people a reason to not go to your business, that is not related to what your business is formed to sell?"

Here is an example of a particularly striking example:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/president-obama-witch-doctor-display-personal-racist-nj/story?id=17463813#.UHmKV66uWSo

Such a display as the one described in the article will be remembered long after the display is taken down. Plus, it is unrelated to the business, so it has no objective business function.

What do you think?

BTW: The store that put political signs up this year caused me to go to another store. I don't even know who most of those people were, but I figured I could easily find someone who was less opinionated. Turns out, the store without signs sold the products at a lower price. Thus, I am unlikely to return to the political store, long after the election is over. By giving me a reason to go away, I may have gone away forever, even if the business is sold to a less opinionated owner-- and it was not a necessary action for the business to take.

1 comment:

  1. The Le_Meridian Funding Service went above and beyond their requirements to assist me with my loan which i used expand my pharmacy business,They were friendly, professional, and absolute gems to work with.I will recommend  anyone looking for loan to contact. Email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com  Or lfdsloans@outlook.com.WhatsApp ... + 19893943740.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. If your post does not show, it may have been caught in the spam hold section. It will be released soon. If desired, contact me and I will see if I can find out what is going on.

Comments deemed inappropriate or offensive are from the "dark side" and will be removed.