Saturday, November 17, 2012

The takers vs the makers

Thought for the day.

For years I worked for you.

You took my skills.
you took my labor.
you took my knowledge.
you took my talent.
you took my time.
you took my best ideas to improve the firm's profits.

In return:
you took my health care to improve your profit line.
you took my pension plan to return more profits to the hedge fund.
you took wage concessions that were to save the company, and instead,
     you took bigger and bigger bonuses.
you took away company profitability, then,
    you took my job and gave it to foreign people.
You then took the firm and sold it to others,
    and took away huge profits for your investors.

Yet you consider yourself makers,
    and me a taker.

Modified from Milwaukee Iron Worker's FB post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. If your post does not show, it may have been caught in the spam hold section. It will be released soon. If desired, contact me and I will see if I can find out what is going on.

Comments deemed inappropriate or offensive are from the "dark side" and will be removed.